Mozzarella in Carrozza – Nigella Lawson
This is a recipe from Nigella Bites, posted in response to a recipe request.
- Make sandwiches out of the bread and mozzarella, leaving a little margin around the edges unfilled with cheese, and press the edges together with your fingers to help seal.
- (One of the advantages of soft white bread is that it is easily smushed together.) Pour the milk into one soup bowl, the flour into another, and beat the egg with salt and pepper in another.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Dunk the sandwiches briefly, one by one, in the milk, then dredge in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg.
- Fry in hot oil on each side till crisp and golden and remove to a paper towel.
- Cut in half and apply to face.